Thursday, January 27, 2011

Error connecting to database ORA--1

While viewing log and ouput files I am getting below error in log/output window.
Error connecting to database (**** DB NAME****): ORA--1
I did lot of troubleshooting to find the cause of this error. Finally came across that APPLSYSPUP is in EXPIRED (GRACE) status . you can check this under dba_users cloumn account_status.
I changed the status to open using
Alter user APPLSYSPUB identified by PUB;
This resolved my issue.
Regards
Guru

2 comments:

nabi said...

Never use alter user to change oracle user password. APPLSYSPUB is an oracle user and it must be changed with FNDCPASS. If you change with FNDCPASS, it will update the application level tables.
e.g. FNDCPASS apps/ 0 Y system/ ORACLE APPLSYSPUB PUB

Unknown said...

Hi Nabi,

Yeah, you can use FNDCPASS but so far I did not came across any issue.
Thanks for your valuable information.

Regards
Guru